The mission of Children's Ministries in the Seventh-day Adventist Church is to reach out to children and draw them into a loving, serving relationship with Jesus Christ and with their church.
- To conduct a needs assessment of children in the church and community by using surveys and interviews in counsel with the pastor and church leaders.
- To foster programs and activities which help to nurture and disciple the children.
- To plan a yearly calendar of activities for children, coordinating all programs with the church calendar.
- To participate with the conference/mission/field Children's Ministries Department in implementing children's emphasis programs promoted by the department.
Children's Sabbath school provides a complete religious educational experience that is age appropriate and focused on leading each child into a relationship with Jesus. There is a class for each age group which welcomes children to active learning geared to their stage of faith development. These classes provide faith-shaping experiences for newborns through adolescents. Each week we spend time learning from scripture and from each other.
Below are the classes and titles of the book that corresponds with that class. Find the right class for you and your family from the options listed below:
- Beginner - The Beginner Children GraceLink Sabbath School Curriculum is a Sabbath School Bible Study Guide for ages birth to 2 years old.
- Kindergarten - The Kindergarten Children GraceLink Sabbath School Curriculum is a Sabbath School Bible Study Guide for aages 3 to 5 years old.
- Primary - The Primary Children GraceLink Sabbath School Curriculum is a Sabbath School Bible Study guide for ages 6 to 9 years old (grades 1-4).
- Juniors - PowerPoints is a Sabbath School Bible Study Guide for Juniors/Teens between the ages of 10 to 12 years old (grades 5-6).
- Earliteens - Real-Time Faith is for ages 13 to 14 years old (grades 7-8).
- Youth - Cornerstone Connections is the Sabbath School Bible Study Guide for high school teens ages 15-18 years old (grades 9-12).
To learn more about GraceLink, the Christ-centered, Bible-based, child-friendly Sabbath school curriculum produced by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, click here.
For additional information, questions or concerns about Children's Ministries, please contact Sister JoAnn Farmer-Young.